Friday, August 25, 2017

High Tide Lighthouse Card

I just made this High Tide card for my son, Brian's 22nd birthday today.  

I used the High Tide stamp set.  
It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to play around and make more.  Before I forget how I did it, I typed it up.

I just might have to arrange a card making class to teach this one.  It was not only fun, but so magical. I started with a white piece of card stock. 




Some of the colors I used are.

cut to 8.5 x 5.5 folded in half
cut to 5.25 x 4

Lighthouse:
(two step stamp)
StazOn Jet Black Ink

Stamp the lighthouse on the whisper white cardstock in both steps..first the back and then the cherry cobbler. 

Make a mask of the lighthouse by cutting out the first step of the lighthouse stamp on post it sticky note paper and cut out to cover the lighthouse after stamping to prevent the background from going over your lighthouse. This will be stuck over the lighthouse so you can sponge your background. 

You also want to make a mask of a circle, either die cut or punched out on post it note sticky paper. Leave these masks on until the background is complete. 
Cover the bottom 1/3 of the lighthouse across the card with a mask to mask off where you will put the water...this will be your horizon.

Sky:
Using a sponge, in order I used: 
In a soft circular motion, sponge our your sky as you see fit.  No two cards will look alike, this is a free hand artistic background. I used the perfect plum around the outside edges of the sky.

Next, mask off a mountain scene with a torn piece of paper on a post it sticky note and use the Perfect plum again here, in a circular motion around the mountains you tore out of the paper.


Water:
and just a hint at the top to represent a reflection of the horizon on the water of:
wave stamp in:
This ink is a bit messy and takes some drying time.

The Rocks are done in :
first:
then:
Versa Mark clear embossing ink and clear embossing powder
so that the water you are going to sponge on does not get on the rocks and the rocks will look wet.
You will need a heat gun for this step. 

I used a Happy Birthday stamp and stamped in the black stazon and used some clear embossing powder to get it to pop. 

You can change up your colors to make it more of a day time theme or make the water a more friendly shade of blue. I am going to do this for my next one and will post a pic when its done. 
I found the night of navy to be a bit dark and scary for my liking.  

I might also use the crushed curry to make a sun and then mask off and go from there so the sun is colored.

The sky is the limit with this awesome stamp set.
Have fun! 

To see a wonderful video and get some inspiration, check out The Serene Stamper's wonderful video.
I could not get the watermelon color she used so I had to improvise, but again, the colors are your choice. I just love her videos.  There are so many videos on You Tube using our Stampin Up products and you can just type in Stampin Up High Tide  into the search bar for more ideas using this stamp set.




No comments:

Post a Comment